IT Development Manager
About The Role
A successful candidate will lead multiple internal and external teams of IT engineers and QA using modern development tools and agile practices to ensure all tools continue to broaden scope while providing high uptime and consistent performance. The right candidate makes best use of existing solutions and identifies the right resources to ensure best / fastest go-to-market strategy and internalizes development where necessary to ensure scalability and control. The IT Manager leads by example and can support his team in all facets of their tasks.
- Assist in establishing technical vision, needs, and standards for the company’s technical decision-making process.
- Develop strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services.
- Define, document, communicate and enforce company standards for systems, equipment and software. Ensure technology standards and best practices are met.
- Functional requirements analysis translated to technical specifications.
- Work closely with Product Managers to effectively analyze customer needs to ensure that the systems built fulfill their intended purpose.
- Effective design/architecture and engineering practices for non-functional requirements
- Assess 3rd party technologies for suitability of purpose and integration
- Apply data-driven decision making to product feature prioritizationDevelop deployment plans and manage releases and migrations
- Develop and implement disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Share technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
- Collaborate with departments - marketing, and operations - as an advisor of all technologies
- Supervise quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests
- Set up product support and maintenance procedures and teams
- Build, train, lead and mentor team members
- Monitor performance profiling tools and procedures and make recommendations and adjustments as needed
- Maintain network security and privacy standards throughout our entire ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; Master’s degree or equivalent experience a plus
- 4+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years management / leadership experience
- Expert / Senior in PHP / MySql, CodeIgniter
- Additional technologies like MongoDB, Solr, jQuery, Angular, AWS, IIS, GitHub, Grunt/Gulp, Node.JS, Java/C, Python are a plus
- Interest and applicable knowledge of blockchain and smart contracts a plus
- Knowledge of Data security and management
- Experience in aligning multiple strategies and ideas to workable solutions
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Experience managing remote and contract workers in addition to full time employees preferred
- Strong knowledge and background of Software Development Life Cycle activities
- Experience of working on either geographically distributed & multi-disciplinary project streams with proven ability to concurrently manage multiple projects or initiatives
- Self-motivated, multitasking, pressure-tolerant, result-oriented personality
- Deep experience in all facets of technical talent acquisition, conducting hiring interviews and other recruiting tasks necessary to keep the team staffed.
- Experience managing budgets and participating in technical financial planning and analysis preferred
- Confident in producing and presenting work with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Thai and other languages are preferred.
- An in-depth understanding of financial services and payments industries, including merchant services, blockchain, and forex will be a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
WOWS Global prides itself in valuing talent and offers generous compensation packages including strong base salaries, bonuses, medical benefits and heavy equity-based compensation. This equity grant will be cashable on vesting thus, can be considered as "real" money.
The role is open to both Locals and Expats
How To Apply:
If you’re the right candidate, please share your updated CV at email@example.com